Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's My Party And I Can Cry If I Want To Right?


Birthdays have always been a big deal in my family.

Sorry to all the other moms out there but my mom is hands down the best birthday party thrower there is. She is….it’s true. I’ve had every type of birthday party there is thanks to this woman.

I’ve had the princess birthday complete with a photo op with everyone’s own throne, cape, and scepter. I’ve had the Pocahontas birthday complete with costume, cake, and Indian jewelry making.  And who could forget the messy birthday complete with pie throwing, chocolate syrup squirting, and handless watermelon eating.

When I transitioned to college, my friends and I took turns throwing each other “surprise” partys. Surprise is in quotations due to the fact that we all knew it was coming….but it HAD to be a surprise!

I threw myself a red neck birthday last year, which entailed a burping, spray cheese eating, and spam carving contest. It was a definite blast. I would recommend it to everyone…that is except the spray cheese eating…YUCK-O!

This year was going to be a bit different. I’m in a new place. Just getting settled in Cleveland. I am still getting to know people. I was pretty sure my birthday was going to be a bit of a sad day for me. I was ready to listen to “It’s My Party And I Can Cry If I Want To” and eat cake all day. Am I pitiful or what?

The great people of Cleveland wouldn’t let that happen though now would they?

Of course not!

My sweet mother-in-law Kathy threw me a surprise birthday/welcome to Cleveland Tony and Beth party on HER own birthday. We had a great time chowing on some Italian cuisine at Buca di Beppo and chatting with everyone that came! I felt so loved by our literal family and church family!


Tony went above and beyond on my birthday to make it special:) I woke up to a chocolate pop-tart in bed (This might be a nightmare for some….but I love me some chocolate and I love me some lazy time in bed) and red roses! We went out to a lake to go hiking and canoeing and had a blast! It did my country girl heart good to get out of the city for a bit! 




We even happened upon our new car! Tony sold his putt putt of a car before we moved up here, and we have had the lovely experience of dealing with car salesmen for the last few weeks in hopes of finding a new car. They had a dealership out by the lake that we went to, and they had the right price for the right car (after a little bit of bargaining that is haha).

So it was my red birthday! I received red roses, divulged myself in red velvet cake, and am now cruising in a RED corolla.




Blessed? Yes definitely blessed maybe even spoiled! No crying on this birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment