Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Little Hands Little Feet Invincible Spirits



Tony and I have been around a lot of kiddos lately.

No no no, this is not a baby fever post! It may even seem like a baby preventive post! Although that is not my main intention ha ha:)

Tony and I are helping out with kid’s time on Sunday mornings at our church Gateway West.

We have recently had up to 36 kids.  What a blessing to have all these kiddos coming to us on a Sunday morning! However we have had as little as 3 adult workers….yikes! It can be a bit of a zoo some mornings. 

Many of these children are from Laura’s Home, a local homeless shelter for women and their children. This shelter serves as a rehabilitation center for these women. It provides them training for jobs and help finding homes. It does so much more than just serve them a meal and send them on their way. It helps the women and children in every aspect of their lives including spiritually, which is their and our biggest need!

Well I go in Sunday ready to teach these kids, but they always have something to teach me as well.

We have been learning that we serve a powerful God that is always with us and we have no need to fear.

We sing about these truths, talk about these truths, and color pages with these truths on it.

However these kiddos show me what it really looks like to be fearless. They have such invincible spirits about them.

Don’t you miss having that invincible spirit you had about you as a kid? You didn’t think twice about getting on a ride at an amusement park. You weren’t worried about the economy. You could care less if your pants matched your shirt. And you didn’t let what others thought of you stop you from doing anything.

Many of our fears were resolved due to our trust in our parents taking care of us. Mom or Dad were going to be with us no matter what so we did not need to be afraid. This picture of trust links right back to our relationship with God. He is going to be WITH us no matter what. What a comforting truth!

Tony and I have gone through so many changes in just the last month. Many changes that have the potential of being pretty scary. From moving to a new place, looking for a new vehicle, meeting new people, looking for new jobs. But God is with us-no need to be fearful! 

I think I’m going to teach these kids all about being fearless when in reality they reminded me what being fearless really looked liked.

How often do I allow the “what ifs” in life to scare me out of doing something? If I try I might fail. If I do this what will others think of me.

But just like these kids I need to remember my Heavenly Father is WITH me and is POWERFUL I have no reason to be afraid! What a great reminder of what an invincible spirit in the Lord looks like.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Amen Amen! Out of the mouths of babes! Oh, to see the world through the eyes of those fearless babes. We should be so trusting of our heavenly father. Love ya

    ReplyDelete