Saturday, November 23, 2013

An Alabama Girl And A Cleveland Chili Cook Off


Well today I participated in my first ever Cook Off. Sure I’ve attended many a cook off at state fairs etc. And I have even thought about entering myself in to a few of them…especially a bake off…..I make some mean baked goods! But this was my first time to ever actually participate in one!

The recipe I used wasn’t just any recipe I pulled offline. Although I must say Pinterest has given me some of my favorite recipes and cleaning tricks!

No this was my mom’s Chili recipe. Now my mom might be a bit of a goof ball….but this great woman does not mess around when she is in the kitchen! She’s gets down to business!

So wouldn’t you know that when I used her recipe…..I tied for FIRST PLACE at the Chili Cook Off! And I will have you know I was competing against 15 others! So what happens when an Alabama girl enters a Cleveland Chili Cook Off? She wins haha!


Now that I’m done gloating I guess I should share the recipe right:)

Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Cup Onion
1 Can Chili Magic
1 Can Diced Tomatoes (Undrained)
1 Can Rotel
1 Can Ranch Style Beans (Rinsed)
(Or if you’re up north, and they don’t have ranch style beans….chili beans will do just fine) (If it weren’t for Walmart-I wouldn’t have found the Chili Magic either!)

Instructions:
Brown the Ground Beef with the Onion. Once the meat is brown, add in all the other ingredients. Let simmer for about 45 minutes.

And there you go! Delicious and Simple! Let me know if you try out the recipe….or if you have some secret chili ingredients you love!

1 comment:

  1. Your mom is a great cook & I know she raised you right. So I, like Tony, am not surprised you won. Congrats girl! I know Tony will keep enjoying your recipes. :-)

    ReplyDelete