Saturday, September 21, 2013

Curve Ball



Isn’t it so funny how fast things can change in just one week!

This time last week I was hoping to secure a job as a receptionist at a financial firm.

I imagined myself welcoming and assisting people as they enter into this large office preparing to make investments. Instead I found that I was going to be more of a personal assistant to the 2 head honchos of the office. CURVE BALL!

Just to fill you in on these head honchos, one of them had a cardboard cutout of himself in the meeting room and the other seemed like a young hotshot that thought he was all that and a bag of chips. My job would have included reserving flights, hotels, and rental cars for these two. I have a strange inkling, they might have been a bit picky;)

So although my second interview went well with them and they offered me a third and final interview, I turned them down. CURVE BALL!

While I could do that job, I don’t think I would enjoy the job all that much! Seeing as they were going to put me in a corner cubicle and only give me a 30 minute lunch break, I don’t think that I would be a very valued employee in this office.

Thankfully the temp agency that suggested me for that job had another job for me as well! This will only be a 2 week assignment as a front desk receptionist at an entrepreneurial agency, but I’ll gladly take it.

Isn’t it funny how the things we think we really want, turn out to be a blessing that we never got them at all! 

I am now taken care of on the job front for the next few weeks. We’ll just have to see what else the Lord has up His sleeve after that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment