Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Job Hunt



I’m not going to lie to you friends….job hunting has not been a fun process.

In fact it has not even been a mediocre process. It has been an unfun process. Is unfun a word, NO! At least not according to the angry red squiggly line under it telling me I have a misspelled word. But unfun just seems like the most appropriate phrase for this job hunting process.

I have put in countless resumes to all sorts of random jobs hoping to hear back from someone. When I say random….I do mean random. I applied anywhere from a receptionist at a senior living facility to a store manager of a Five Below (a local chain that sells everything for $5 or less) to even being in a medical billing office.

Anything I thought I was slightly qualified for, they got a resume from this girl.

I have taken countless personality tests, timed math tests, typing tests, and Microsoft capability tests. Let me tell you, unless you are a genius which I am not those tests make you feel pretty discouraged about what you’re bringing to the table ha ha.

This was a great time though that the Lord used to open my eyes to the fact that my identity is not in my job. My identity is not in the fact that I wear dress pants to work at a hoity toity office. My identity is not in the pay check that I bring home. My identity is in Christ. Which is something that will never change unlike a job. My identity in Christ is the truest and best thing about me. I am His daughter that He chose to die for that I may live eternally with Him. What a great truth!

While it was great to be reminded of that truth, I am also thankful that this unfun job hunting process looks like it just might be coming to an end!

I had an interview downtown on Tuesday with a temp agency. I was a bit nervous going to down town Cleveland…it is definitely a bit larger and taller than Louisville’s downtown area. I find myself in my little black business dress with my pink polka dotted folder going up an elevator to the 18th floor yup 18th and that was not even the top of the building! But the interview went beyond well and hopefully after a second interview Monday I will be a receptionist at a financial firm.

Your prayers would be beyond appreciated! I will of course keep my awesome blog followers updated!

3 comments:

  1. You go get 'em girl! Heck, how could anyone resist you?! Praying it all falls into place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to hear where God will place you. He sent Tony & YOU to do His will. I am delighted you know you are His child and He will take care of you. I know we can get anxious when His plans are fast enough for us. But think of all those people you had contact with and your life was a witness to. Praise be to Yahweh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw y'all are too sweet! Thanks so much for your encouragement! It means the world:)

    ReplyDelete